The Association’s goals are:
- To study and preserve the Clan’s history and traditions;
- To foster links between Forsyths throughout the world;
- To recognize and celebrate the achievements of individual Forsyths;
- To honour and perpetuate the heritage of the Forsyth clan; and
- To promote links between Forsyths and the clan’s Scottish homeland.
The Association’s Objectives
To accomplish these objectives, the Forsyth Society of Queensland Inc. proposes to carry on the following activities:
- Genealogy: The Association carries out genealogical research in areas related to its study of Clan history. It actively collects, indexes and makes available to its members genealogical source data and compiled pedigrees on Forsyth families. The Association also advises members who wish to trace their ancestry by suggesting sources and techniques.
- Historical Research: The Association is engaged in researching the history of the Clan and its homeland from its earliest recorded mention in both Scottish and Irish annals forward through recent times.
- Gatherings: The Association seeks to encourage, sponsor, and publicize local, regional and international clan gatherings and Forsyth family reunions, and supports Forsyth participation in Scottish cultural fairs and events.
- Public Website: The Association utilizes its public website ( www.clanforsythqueensland.com ) to inform the public about the Forsyth clan and its history and accomplishments, and to publicly promote clan and member events.
- Members Connections: The Association’s private website pages afford members a place to find and exchange information, communicate with one another, trade family stories and recipes, and perhaps connect with some long-lost cousins.
- Publications: The Association publishes reunion notices, family stories, research results, Clan news and other features from time to time via online pages and occasional email Clan Journal.
- Heritage Awareness & Preservation: The Association works to encourage and assist the preservation of the relics, artefacts, sites and antiquities relating to the Forsyth clan and to its homeland in Scotland and Ireland. It also seeks to heighten awareness and understanding of the cultural heritage of the Forsyth Clan in, particularly in the areas associated with the Forsyths.